The successful candidate will be responsible for managing the day to day accounting functions for 8 companies and supervise a dynamic team of 5 people.
Key performance includes:
• Accounting and financial reporting activities.
• Preparation of monthly and annual financial packs.
• Preparation of annual audit packs and Income tax schedules.
• Draft Annual Financial Statements on Caseware
• Preparation and maintenance of annual departmental budgets.
• Overall management of the General Ledger, including monthly accruals & provisions.
• Business Support to departmental managers
• Generate departmental financial and income statements, balance sheets and balance sheet notes
• Displays an understanding of the need to ensure accuracy in the outputs of financial systems administration processes
The successful candidate should ideally have the following competencies and /or personal attributes.
• High level of accuracy (attention to detail)
• Excellent decision making and problem-solving skills
• Well-spoken and well presented in accordance with our brand standards
The successful candidate should ideally have the following qualifications and experience in order to succeed in this exciting and responsible role
• Application and understanding of GAAP (General Accepted Accounting Principles)
• BCom / Bcompt degree
• Completed articles or part there-of
• Knowledge of Accpac
• Advanced Excel